The Spanish Society of Laboratory Medicine (SEQCML), formerly known as the Spanish Society of Clinical Chemistry, was established in 1976.
The main goals of the SEQCML are to bring together professionals interested in the field of Laboratory Medicine, to promote the circulation of both technical and scientific news, to organize both national and international meetings, courses and congresses, and to cooperate with other scientific societies.
The objectives of the SEQCML are the following:
- To bring together professionals interested in the field of Laboratory Medicine.
- To promote the exchange of scientific information.
- To study and recommend methods and scientific guides in Laboratory Medicine.
- To establish training guidelines and recommendations for the field of Laboratory Medicine.
- To periodically organize scientific sessions, courses, meetings, congresses, and any other activity in order to achieve the previous objectives.
- To defend and to promote Laboratory Medicine and its associates.
To develop a relationship with other Societies in the same scientific field, in order to contribute efficiently to the development of Laboratory Medicine and the scientific activity of its associates. These relations could include participation in either national or international Federations and Unions, with the corresponding delegates appointed by the Board of Directors of the Society.